DAAD grants offer students and academics and scientists the opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career.
The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network.
Who can apply?
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, who were funded for a period of over six months
- Former East German scholarship holders who studied for at least one year in Germany
What can be funded?
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.